The communication secretary is specifically defined to insure that members are kept informed and the church is properly represented to the public for the purpose of establishing the kingdom of God in San Bernardino. Build, monitor, and protect the image of the 16th Street church and its name, within the community. To raise public awareness of our church – its members, its mission, and its message.
Description of duties
- Arrange for church representation at exhibits and fairs, in parades, and at other community events so the kingdom of God can be established in San Bernardino
- Build and nurture relationships with community leaders, clubs, and organizations, and encourage increased church involvement and support in the community when and where appropriate
- Maintain a church website and social media (facebook, twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Get church activities and events noted in the media (radio, television, newspapers, etc.) to further establish the kingdom of God in San Bernardino
- Get the church’s views included in the news adequately and accurately
- Look for opportunities, story ideas, and current issues that concern your church and community.
- Publish a regular newsletter to establish the kingdom of God in San Bernardino
- Maintain an attractive bulletin board in church lobby highlighting church activities, new, photos, and developments
- Regularly consult with the pastor and department leaders about events and activities they are planning for the purpose of establishing the kingdom of God in San Bernardino
- Assist with the creation and placement of brochures, flyers, direct mail, broadcast and print ads, and other promotional ideas to further establish the kingdom of God in San Bernardino
15-20 hours, monthly
Training and resources
Resources can be found at Adventist.org; nadadventist.org; adventistreview.org; plusline.org and adventsource.org/communication.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- Has a personal and vibrant relationship with Jesus
- Commits to allowing God to work within his/her life
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to network
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is a “people” person
- Has a passion and vision for ministry of communication while establishing the kingdom of God in San Bernardino
- Possesses some of the following gifts: administration, discernment, encouragement, faith, helps, hospitality, knowledge, leadership, mercy, shepherding, teaching, and/or wisdom
Benefits to the Worker
Gain a better understanding of the issues the church is facing within the community, and find personal satisfaction in this leadership capacity; work with and form deep relationship with others within the church and within community.