The head greeter serves as the first impression of the church. He/she should be spiritually mature, have a humble spirit, and godly character as they extend unconditional love to others for the purpose of establishing the kingdom of God in San Bernardino.
Description of duties
- Notice unknown guests and make them feel welcome to the establishment of the kingdom of God in San Bernardino
- Introduce guest to usher or deacon
- Inform guest of classrooms, restrooms, etc. within the church
- Make a record of each visitor and turn this over to pastor or interest coordinator for the purpose of establishing the kingdom of God in San Bernardino
- Be as helpful as possible
- Inform guest of potlucks
- Listen for deeper needs and direct to appropriate personnel
- Distribute church bulletins and other handouts
6-8 hours, monthly
Training and resources
Resources can be found at adventsource.org/cs and plusline.org.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- Has a personal and vibrant relationship with Jesus
- Commits to allowing God to work within his/her life
- Great communication skills
- Welcoming spirit
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is a “people” person
- Has a passion and vision for ministry of greeting while establishing the kingdom of God in San Bernardino
- Possesses some of the following gifts: administration, discernment, encouragement, faith, helps, hospitality, knowledge, leadership, mercy, shepherding, teaching, and/or wisdom
Benefits to the Worker
Leadership Skills, spiritual development, and deeper relationship with member of the church and surrounding community.