16th Street SDA Church
Ministry Description-Interest CoordinatorGoal of Position: To recruit and follow up with people who are seeking Christ. The interest coordinator mobilizes the Bible Team who is on the front lines of establishing the Kingdom of God in San Bernardino.
1. Gather names. Systematically get the name of every person who visits on Sabbath, fills attends a seminar or group, phones or writes for information, requests prayer, contacts the media ministries or gets a missionary magazine. Double check each name to sort out church members and discover previous involvement.
2. Make contacts. Coordinator can make contact or distribute names of interests to others on the Bible Team. Team members also an official field representative for Adventist media programs.
3. Follow up with people from Connection Cards.
4. Give Bible studies to those interested.
5. Work with Interests to prepare for baptism.
6. Meet the Needs of the interests to the best of their ability.
Time Required: About 5 hours a week
Training Provided: Conference provides annual training seminar. Other materials available as needed.
Qualifications/ Special Skills:
Have some of the following in their gift mix: Gifts of evangelism, mercy, teaching and service, a good listener and works well with people.