The head usher serves as the skillful helper that promotes the Sabbath as an uplifting and inspirational experience. He/she will promote the love of Christ to the members and visitors.
Description of duties
- Greet worshippers, making every attempt to help them feel welcome and at ease
- Escort members and guests to their seats
- Distribute materials related to the service/meeting such as bulletins, hymnals, handouts, etc.
- Maintain an alertness for any emergency that may arise, relieving the need or contacting the person(s) needed to provide the proper assistance
- Direct individuals out of the service/meeting in an orderly fashion, leaving the auditorium or room ready for the next service or meeting
3-6 hours, monthly
Training and resources
Resources can be found at adventsource.org/cs and plusline.org.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- Has a personal and vibrant relationship with Jesus
- Commits to allowing God to work within his/her life
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to network
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is a “people” person
- Has a passion and vision for ministry of Ushering while establishing the kingdom of God in San Bernardino
- Possesses some of the following gifts: administration, discernment, encouragement, faith, helps, hospitality, knowledge, leadership, mercy, shepherding, teaching, and/or wisdom
Benefits to the Worker
Leadership Skills, spiritual development, and deeper relationship with member of the church and surrounding community.