16th Street SDA Church
Ministry Description-Minister of MusicGoal of Position: Lead and organize in a diverse music ministry that leads people presence of God, is sensitive to Spirit and is in harmony with our mission of establishing the Kingdom of God in San Bernardino and beyond.
Responsible To: Senior Pastor
- Lead and accompany worship with sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Direct the planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluation of a comprehensive music ministry including choirs, vocal and instrumental ensembles. Provide variety in types of music presented.
- Work with soloists, choirs, praise teams, dance groups, ensembles, and instrumentalists regarding the selection and appropriateness of their music.
- Coordinate the schedule for worship service and special music, and secure replacements in their absence.
- Coordinate the schedule for musicians (and chorister) for Wednesday Prayer Service.
- Train leaders and musicians for the church music ministry.
- Coordinate with the pastor in planning worship services. (This may periodically include the use of drama, multimedia, and other means of enhancing worship.)
- Serve as a member of the church board.
- Attend weekly worship meetings.
- Coordinate the church music program with the church calendar and with the emphasis of the church.
- Work with the sound, lighting, and multimedia technicians.
- Consult with the pastor regarding necessary music preparations for church related activities (i.e., weddings, funerals, etc.).
- Supervise the tuning of church instruments (piano, etc.) and watch over the care of such equipment.
- Care for choir robes and decisions of dress for the various groups of the church.
- Schedule various artists/groups on a regular basis at the church.
- Keep informed on current music methods, materials, and administration, utilizing them where appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
16-20 hours a month